How to play CD+G disc in PlayCDG KJ Deluxe 64 LT
1. Start the PlayCDG KJ Deluxe 64 LT program.
2. Insert the CD+G disc into the disc drive of your laptop or PC. Close any pop-up windows such as Window Media player shown below.
3. Click on the disc drive (in Folder Menu) and wait for the track information to appear on the right (in File Browser).
Note that the title and artist information for each track has already been added automatically from the online Internet database. Be sure to have your laptop or PC connected to Internet to use this feature of adding title and artist automatically from the online Internet database.
4. Now you have the options to play the songs (tracks) directly from the disc or first extract them into the hard drive and then play from the files. Here we will show you how to play the songs (tracks) directly from the disc.
Right click on the song (track) you wish to play and select Playlist-Queue to load the song into the Queue window above. You can also use drag & drop to load the song into the Queue window.
5. From the Queue window, click on the song and press Play (in the Control Panel) to start playing. You can also similarly load the song to any of the 10 Playlists or Write window above. From a Playlist, you can click on the song and press Play (or double click on the Index) to start playing.
6. Songs in the disc can be loaded into the Queue, Playlists or Write window all at once. Select the window into which you wish to load all the songs. In the example below, we select the Queue. Click on the check mark at the bottom and press the Playlist button as shown. You can also drag & drop the selected songs into the Queue window.
7. In the Queue, Playlists or Write window, you can adjust the size of each field by putting your mouse (cursor) in between the fields and press & drag to the left or right. You can also hide a field by right clicking on the field name and unchecking the field name from the list.
8. In the Queue, Playlists, or Write window, you can also sort the songs according to Index, Title, or Artist by pressing on the field name as shown below. Click on the field name again to reverse the order. This can also be done below in the File Browser to sort the songs according to Filename, Title, or Artist.
9. In the Queue or Playlists window, you can search for a song by Index, Title, Artist, or Filename. Click on the pull-down menu of Search and select the field(s) in which you wish to conduct the search.
Next, input the word or phrase that you are searching for and press Search. Only the songs that match your input will show in the window below.
Note that the Search function is also available below in the File Browser window.
10. To return to view all songs in the Queue or Playlists window, click on the pull-down menu of Search and select All View.
11. In the Queue or Playlists window, you can preset various control values such as Volume, Pitch, Tempo, Sync, Silence, On-time, and Off-time of the songs. Double click on each field and input the following values:
Volume Volume control (0 : 100)
Pitch Pitch control (-11 : +11, half tone steps)
Tempo Tempo control (-10 : +10)
Vocal Voice cancel (Stere(0)/Left(1)/Right(2))
Sync Synchronization of lyric coloring to music (-75 : +75)
Silence Silence gap remover (-5 : +5) seconds before/behind music
On-time Starting time (0 - )
Off-time Ending time (0 - )
*The values of On-time / Off-time of a song can be used to restrict the play into a single verse, rather than all verses of the song.
Memo Comments (for example, Concert version, Bad music, Easy to sing, etc.)
12. In the Queue, you can also input the name of the customer in the Customer field for each song. To make this process easier, the Add Customer function is designed to store and apply the customer names automatically. Place a check mark to activate the Add Customer as shown below and select a customer name from the pull-down menu.
If your customer name is not in the selection, you can type in the name and press the Add button to add. To delete, select the name and press the Del button.
13. Next add a song into the Queue from the File Browser (by drag & drop, right click & select Playlist-Queue, or by pressing the Playlist button). You will see that the song has been added with the customer name selected in the Add Customer field. You can store many of your repeat customer names in the Add Customer list and avoid typing each time of their singing.
14. To play the songs, you have learned to load the songs into the Queue window. But to save the song list (perhaps for some future use), you shoul load the songs into a Playlist (any one of 1-10). In this example, we use the Playlist 1.
Press the Save as button and it will open the Save as window as below. In this example, we save the Playlist as “PS159.txt” and press Save.
We recommend that the songs in a CDG disc be first saved in a Playlist. Then from the Playlist, you can use the Search, Sort, or Preset functions to play the songs or send to Queue which will result in less access to the disc drive and less load to your laptop or PC. For more details, please refer to the USER’S MANUAL.