How to extract a Super CD+G disc into a hard drive
In extracting a disc, we recommend using “one folder per disc” rule to store the song files. Such folders will be identified easily with the discs, and when in trouble, can also be replaced easily. For example, we use D:\Karaoke folder (in case you have only C:\ partition in your drive, use C:\Karaoke) as the starting point and make sub-folders SCDG01, SCDG02, SCDG03, etc. for each Super CD+G discs.
A Super CD+G disc is simply a DVD disc with song contents. It can be read by any DVD disc drive and is easy to copy onto a hard drive using Copy/Paste commands in Windows. Here we demonstrate the procedure under Windows 7 Home Premium.
1. In Windows 7 Desktop, insert the Super CD+G disc into the disc drive. Close any pop-up windows.
2. Open the Windows Explorer and select the disc drive. The contents of the Super CD+G disc will be shown on the right side.
3. Right click on CAVS_MCG folder and select Copy.
4. Now go to a folder into which you wish to save the Super CD+G disc. In our example, we choose D:\Karaoke. Right click in the folder and select Paste.
5. The copying of the Super CD+G disc into the hard drive will begin. The Super CD+G discs are of 4 to 8 GB in sizes and the copying will take anywhere between a few minutes to a few hours depending on your laptop or PC.
6. When the copying is complete, rename the CAVS-MCG folder to a name what would identify the Super CD+G disc. For example, we rename it as SCDG01. The physical Super CD+G disc can now be taken out from the disc drive.
7. Next, start the PlayCDG KJ Deluxe 64 LT program. Select the D:\Karaoke\SCDG01 folder in the Folder Menu window. The songs will be shown in the File Browser window.
8. Select a Playlist (in our example, Playlist 1) and select all songs by pressing the check mark at the bottom. Press Playlist button (also at the bottom) to load the songs into the Playlist window.
9. In the Playlist window, you can adjust the size of each field by putting your mouse (cursor) in between fields and press & drag to the left or right. The fields in the File Browser window below can also be adjusted. You can also hide a field by right clicking on the field name and unchecking the field from the list.
10. You can also sort the songs according to Index, Title, or Artist by pressing on the field name. Click the field name again to reverse the order. This can also be done below in the File Browser for Filename, Title, or Artist.
11. In the Playlist window, you can search for a song by Index Number, Title, Artist, or Filename. Click on the pull-down menu of Search and select the field(s) in which you wish to conduct the search. In the example, we select Artist.
Next, input the word or phrase that you are searching for and click Search. Only the songs that match your Search will show in the Playlist window.
Note the Search function is also available below in the File Browser window.
12. To return to view all songs in the Playlist window, click on the pull-down menu of Search and select All View.
13. After finding a song in the Playlist, you can send the song to the Queue by right click followed by selecting Queue.
In the Queue, press the Play button to being playing.
14. In the Queue or Playlists window, you can preset various control values such as Volume, Pitch, Tempo, Sync, Silence, On-time, and Off-time of the songs. Double click on each field and input the following values:
Volume Volume control (0 : 100)
Pitch Pitch control (-11 : +11, half tone steps)
Tempo Tempo control (-10 : +10)
Vocal Voice cancel (Stere(0)/Left(1)/Right(2))
Sync Synchronization of lyric coloring to music (-75 : +75)
Silence Silence gap remover (-5 : +5) seconds before/behind music
On-time Starting time (0 - )
Off-time Ending time (0 - )
*The values of On-time / Off-time of a song can be used to restrict the play into a single verse, rather than all verses of the song.
Memo Comments (for example, Concert version, Bad music, Easy to sing, etc.)
15. In the Queue, you can also input the name of the customer in the Customer field for each song. To make this process easier, the Add Customer function is designed to store and apply the customer names automatically. Place a check mark to activate the Add Customer as shown below and select a customer name from the pull-down menu.
If your customer name is not in the selection, you can type in the name and press the Add button to add. To delete, select the name and press the Del button.
16. Next add a song into the Queue from the Playlist (by right click followed by selecting Queue). You will see that the song has been added with the customer name selected in the Add Customer field. You can store many of your repeat customer names in the Add Customer list and avoid typing each time of their singing.
17. You can save the current playlist by pressing Save as button in the Playlist window. It will open the Save as window as below.
Here we name the current playlist as “SCDG01.txt” and press Save.
18. To play a song directly from the Playlist, click on a song and press the Play button. You can also double click on the Index of the song to start playing.
There are many features available in the Playlist window. For more details, please refer to the USER’S MANUAL.